Friday, February 3, 2012

First Wash Day of Feb. My Bday Month!!

HAPPY FEBRUARY! Such a Great month it's my late Grandfather's Bday month as well as mine and this Bday is somewhat of a milestone, it's my 25th birthday kind of bittersweet. But nevertheless I'm blessed to have reached this age (well to have almost reached this age my bday is Thurs.) Ok on to HAIR, my only passion these days ( I know it's sad) lol but it's true....
 My wash day was Sunday 2-1-12, I would love to update on the actual days, but it never works out that way, I'm working on it! As I stated in my latest post I've had a major set back in my opinion on my last wash day. So I decided to revert back to my original regimen: only using shampoo on my hair once a month, and seeing that I am using MT I will monitor that to make sure that's enough, the reason I'm saying this is because I don't want to have a build up issue. So as of now shampoo once a month (clarifying shampoo), cowash bi-weekly, tea rinse weekly, acv rinse weekly, apply Neutrogena Triple mask weekly, shea butter weekly, honey treatment weekly, prepooing weekly. The whole month of Feb. I want to stay away from bunning because of the shedding issue, I really dont want to manipulate my hair every day. So on on my next wash day I'm going to attempt the cold wave rollers once again, I'm going to actually get the RIGHT SIZE rollers this time. I'm excited abt Feb! I decided to do a hard protein bc my hair was feeling lifeless and doing a lot of shedding. I want to work on posting pics of my wash days the day of, I plan on having this issue corrected by my next wash day. So here are the pics and a layout of what I did from my last wash day:

2-1-12


Wash day



  • Prepooed with coconut oil under the dryer for 30 minutes
  • Shampooed with Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair
  • Applied Aphogee 2 step Protien
  • Applied Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer 
  • Deep Conditioned with Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner for 2 hours with a hooded dryer
Styling
  • Twist-outs
  • Moisturized using Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion
  • Sealed with JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil *absolutely love this makes hair feel like silk*)



















2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm going to where them every other week it allows me to avoid manipulating my hair daily....

    ReplyDelete