Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feb. 5, 2012 Wash Day

Hi, Boo's! I have been QUEEN of procrastination for the last two weeks, I will give myself a pass because school is back in and in effect. It's my last semester as an undergrad so I must finish strong. I decided to just  do about 3 or so different blogs detailing my most "memorable" washdays since the last time I blogged and today... I specifically set aside the time today to do this. So lets get to it! On my last blog I stated that I wanted to try the coldwave roller set, I was getting so discouraged because I kept getting the wrong size roller and the beauty supply store workers were so rude.. I was just beside myself. So I decided that although Sally's are expensive they are the better way to go. You don't have to worry about asinine policies (as far as returning and exchanging) and you can even try out there products, if you don't like you can return. So I came to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. So the rollers that worked for me are the short white rollers ( I will post a pic).. It probably took about 10 bags or more for my whole head. I really should have counted specifically... But I did however take a picture of ALL of the roller once I had taken them out... 

This process was quite a tedious one, it took me a whole 2 HOURS to complete, I didn't quite get a rhythm down so I was just kind of all of the place with the direction of the way I was applying the roller to my hair. The curls came out beautifully however I didn't quite let them get as dry as they could have and I also didn't master how to get the rollers secured in my head really tight, so its obviously going to take some practice. But I made it through nevertheless.

Products I used:
  • I co-washed with VO5 clarifying shampoo my absolute fave thing in the whole world
  • Oil-rinsed for 2 hours with grapeseed oil
  • Acv- rinsed for 3 minutes
  • Sprayed Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer ( new to the stash and another new love of mine, it leaves the hair so shiny, strong and healthy looking and feeling)
  • Applied a squirt of Creme of Nature Argon Oil wrapping lotion
  • Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
  • I sealed and moisturized with- Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer and avocado oil ( I chose avocado oil because it's really light and doesn't weigh the hair down. It is an excellent oil to seal with when you actually have your hair in a style)





As you can see from the picture on the far right the curls didn't really hold up, but it turned out very cute, and I was pleased with the results overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment